Expect perfect installation every time when you choose All Season Turf
When properly installed, artificial grass can last for decades. Obviously, if you’re considering new artificial grass, you want to protect your investment by hiring the most qualified contractor possible. Who better to choose than All Season Turf? We have:
- Many years of experience
- Ample training as an authorized TigerTurf dealer
- Valid California contractor’s license
- Perfect 5 star rating from our past clients
- 2-year guarantee on the quality of our installation work
Whether your project is large or small, you can trust us to approach it with the same dedication and professionalism. We will install your artificial grass correctly the first time.
Key Steps in Artificial Grass Installation
No two artificial grass installations can be done in exactly the same way, because it is imperative to consider the specific conditions at the site and the goals of the client in order to deliver the perfect installation. However, all installations will have the following key steps in common:
- Site Prep: The entire area where the artificial grass will be laid needs to be rough graded to create a solid sub base for the installation. Any sprinklers need to be capped at the pipe level to prevent leaks.
- Base Prep: Next, a layer of base material such as crushed rock will be applied in order to provide drainage and level out the area. The base material should be about 2-3 inches thick and it needs to be compacted in order to create a solid surface that will hold the turf nails.
- Weed Retardant: A layer of weed cloth beneath your artificial grass will help keep weeds from sprouting up through your turf. This step is usually skipped when applying turf for a pet area.
- Laying & Fitting the Turf: Starting with a straight edge, the turf will be laid out with the blades facing the appropriate direction and then secured with nails. Seams should be cut in an S-shape to help keep them flat, and nails need to be worked in carefully to keep them from displacing the grass blades. The edges will then be tucked in and hidden using a “wonder bar.”
- Infill: Infill helps to weigh down the artificial turf and keep the blades separated and upright. A power brush is used to keep the grass blades in place during infill installation .
- Final Grooming: The final step in artificial turf installation is to power brush the surface to help settle the infill and remove any excess debris.
Depending on the size and complexity of your project, artificial grass installation may take us anywhere from 1 to 3 days. To learn more, or to request a free quote, please call us at 866-365-TURF.